LOOKING FOR A GREAT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Volunteer with T.E.A.C.H. at Planned Parenthood Toronto!
Meet new people, learn new skills and fight homophobia!
Teens Educating and Confronting Homophobia (T.E.A.C.H.) is currently recruiting youth volunteers ages 16 to 23 from diverse backgrounds and all gender identities and sexual orientations to fight against discrimination and hate.
T.E.A.C.H. is a dynamic group of youth who facilitate anti-homophobia workshops in schools and community settings to challenge the myths and attitudes that lead to homophobia and discrimination.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free training! Learn about public speaking, workshop facilitation, anti-oppression, conflict resolution and effective storytelling.
- A chance to work with an amazing group of youth volunteers!
- An opportunity to educate peers about homophobia and heterosexism!
- Lots of support, resources and fun!
- Satisfaction gained knowing that you're supporting a great cause!
WHAT DO YOU CONTRIBUTE?
- A one-year volunteer commitment that includes completing 25 hours of mandatory training in October and November. Most training sessions are held downtown on Thursday evenings from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Attendance at bi-weekly meetings on Thursday evenings from December through July.
- A willingness to work with and learn from others.
If you're between the ages of 16 and 23 and you're interested in volunteering with T.E.A.C.H., please take a moment to fill in our Volunteer Application Form. You can find it by going to http://www.ppt.on.ca/volunteer.asp and clicking on the “Peer Facilitators with T.E.A.C.H.” link you’ll find at the bottom of the page.
The next FREE training begins in October 2012!
QUESTIONS?If you have any questions or if you want to learn more about T.E.A.C.H. and our volunteer opportunities, please feel free to comment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 416-961-0113 x157. You can also find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teachtoronto